1. I already have a janitorial service for my office. Can’t they just do what you do?
Crazy Clean specializes in data-driven disinfection. Electrostatic disinfection is not a replacement to your regularly scheduled service. But it is a great addition that guarantees that all surfaces, even small areas or upholstered surfaces that can’t get wiped down, are disinfected. Remember, it’s not just about disinfecting the tops of surfaces, but underneath and all the way around too. In order to get best results, cleaning and disinfecting should not be combined into a 2-in-1 process.
2. What is the difference between cleaning & disinfecting?
Per the CDC definitions: Cleaning refers to the removal of dirt and impurities, including germs from surfaces. Cleaning alone does not kill the germs. But by removing the germs it decreases their number and therefore any risk of spreading infection.
Disinfecting works by using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs. But killing germs remaining on a surface after cleaning further reduces any risk of spreading infection.
Disinfectants are the only products approved by the EPA to kill viruses on hard surfaces. Sanitizers only have claims for bacteria, while disinfectants have claims against both bacteria and viruses.
At Crazy Clean we DISINFECT.
3. How does electrostatic disinfection work?
- Electrostatic disinfection is a quick and easy way to achieve 360-degree, touchless disinfection. While it may sound complicated, the technology is simple to understand.
- Electrostatic sprayers use positive and negative charges to make disinfecting solutions electromagnetically stick to targeted surfaces. For example, no matter which angle you disinfect a surface from, the charge created by the electrostatic sprayer makes the disinfectant wrap around and cling to the entire surface.
- While there are a variety of electrostatic sprayers on the market, we use Victory Electrostatic Sprayers, which have ETL Certifications. This means that their equipment meets all the minimum safety standard requirements established by OSHA and carried out by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories.
4. How long does electrostatic disinfection take?
- This will depend on the size of the area being disinfected. It takes approximately 30-45 minutes to clean and disinfect each room in a hospital using traditional methods.
- It is important to follow application instructions in order to meet kill claims. We ensure that the chemicals remain wet on the surface for the required time to work properly. Then your space is ready and safe to use, no rinsing or vacancy time required after that.
5. How long does it last?
Electrostatic disinfection does not create a protective barrier. It disinfects, or kills, unwanted pathogens from every targeted surface, but won’t protect those surfaces from becoming infected again. That being said, institutions like medical facilities, schools and gyms may require electrostatic disinfection more frequently because they are introduced to new, potentially harmful pathogens on a daily basis. During your assessment, we will help you determine how often you should have your space disinfected.
6. Is it disinfecting safe around electronics?
Electrostatic disinfection can be safely performed around electronics such as laptops, monitors and keyboards due to the small particle size and thin coating we apply. We recommend putting away paper documents, along with anything else you don’t want sprayed, before the scheduled service.
7. How is your serviced priced?
Our pricing model takes into account the size of your space, the chemicals we use, and any special considerations with your risk levels and needs.
8. Does Crazy Clean guarantee that no one in my office will get Covid-19?
By disinfecting your space regularly with Crazy Clean, you drastically reduce the odds that someone comes into contact with the virus on the surfaces in your space. While no one can make that guarantee, at Crazy Clean our employees are getting screened and temperature checked daily, in addition to being randomly selected for Covid-19 testing. Our employees will be wearing full PPE when entering your space so we will not bring in any germs. All employees are educated on proper disinfection and risk mitigation protocols to keep our customers and our team healthy. Those same educational materials are made available to our customers so that their people can be aware of how they can contribute to and help maintain a healthy workplace.